atom feed19 messages in org.opensolaris.zfs-discussRe: [zfs-discuss] Does your device ho...
FromSent OnAttachments
Bryant EadonFeb 10, 2009 10:35 am
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 11:23 am
Chris RiddFeb 10, 2009 11:27 am
TimFeb 10, 2009 12:19 pm
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 1:36 pm
David Collier-BrownFeb 10, 2009 1:55 pm
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 2:56 pm
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 3:45 pm
Bob FriesenhahnFeb 10, 2009 4:08 pm
Jeff BonwickFeb 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Toby ThainFeb 10, 2009 5:23 pm
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 6:10 pm
Frank CusackFeb 10, 2009 7:36 pm
Toby ThainFeb 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bryant EadonFeb 10, 2009 10:28 pm
Eric D. MudamaFeb 11, 2009 12:25 am
David Dyer-BennetFeb 11, 2009 7:27 am
Frank CusackFeb 11, 2009 8:24 am
Subject:Re: [zfs-discuss] Does your device honor write barriers?
From:David Collier-Brown (dav@sun.com)
Date:Feb 10, 2009 1:55:15 pm
List:org.opensolaris.zfs-discuss

Peter Schuller wrote:

It would actually be nice in general I think, not just for ZFS, to have some standard "run this tool" that will give you a check list of successes/failures that specifically target storage correctness. Though correctness cannot be proven, you can at least test for common cases of systematic incorrect behavior.

A tiny niggle: for an operation set of moderate size, you can generate an exhaustive set of tests. I've done so for APIs, but unless you have infinite spare time, you want to generate the test set with a tool (;-))

--dave (who hasn't even Copious Spare Time, much less Infinite) c-b