|Brice Figureau||Oct 3, 2007 8:49 am|
|Ezra Zygmuntowicz||Oct 3, 2007 11:57 am|
|Otto Bretz||Oct 9, 2007 5:33 am|
|Brice Figureau||Oct 9, 2007 6:46 am|
|Brice Figureau||Oct 9, 2007 7:06 am||.patch|
|Evan Miller||Oct 9, 2007 10:47 am|
|Otto Bretz||Oct 10, 2007 2:21 am|
|Brice Figureau||Oct 10, 2007 6:14 am|
|Otto Bretz||Oct 11, 2007 4:55 am||.zip|
|Brice Figureau||Oct 11, 2007 5:45 am|
|Joerg Diekmann||Feb 5, 2008 4:13 am|
|Brice Figureau||Feb 5, 2008 7:23 am|
|Joerg Diekmann||Feb 5, 2008 7:54 am|
|Brice Figureau||Feb 5, 2008 9:04 am|
|Joerg Diekmann||Feb 6, 2008 4:37 am|
|Joerg Diekmann||Feb 6, 2008 5:58 am|
|Brice Figureau||May 6, 2008 2:38 am|
|Subject:||[ANN] nginx_uploadprogress_module v0.3|
|From:||Brice Figureau (bric...@public.gmane.org)|
|Date:||May 6, 2008 2:38:02 am|
I'm proud to announce the availability of the version 0.3 of the nginx_upload_progress_module.
As usual the module is available as an attachment of the wiki page: http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUploadProgressModule
I will try to setup a public git repository of the module soon.
Changes since v0.2: ===================
* fixed crash if the upload was denied by nginx because of any error condition (thanks to Michal Drapiewski for his detailed report)
* report original upload error condition to client in the upload progress probe, instead of only 413 (Entity too Large).
* case-insensitive checking of the X-Progress-ID header to overcome Internet Explorer XMLHttpRequest header lowercasing issue.
More Information: =================
This module implements a progress upload ala Lighttpd mod_uploadprogress for nginx. It monitors RFC1867 uploads sent to upstream servers and can serve special JSON response containing information about the upload progress on request.
This module doesn't implement a RFC1867 parser and client code. As such I consider this module as a temporary hack until Igor Sysoev implements a full client body filter chain into Nginx.
This module is delivered as is (no guarantee of any kind) under the BSD license with the following caveats and warnings: * this software has never been tested under load. It only passed a few lab tests. * it is not intended to be deployed on *production systems*. * when compiled with --with-debug, this module will produce high number of log messages.
More information on the wiki page: http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUploadProgressModule
The code is available as an attachment of the aforementionned page.
Installation instructions: ==========================
nginx_uploadprogress_module has been compiled/tested with Nginx 0.6.1, 0.6.12, 0.6.13 and 0.6.30. The legacy 0.5.x versions are not supported, please upgrade your nginx installation to the current stable (0.6.30 and more).
1) download the Nginx sources from http://nginx.net/ and unpack it.
2) build Nginx: change to the directory which contains the Nginx sources, and run the configuration script making sure to add the path to the nginx_uploadprogress_module sources using the --add-module option: $ ./configure --add-module=/path/to/nginx_uploadprogress_module/
Now you can build and install the software: $ make
and as root: $ make install
For usage, configuration and examples, please see the wiki page or the README file.
Anyway enjoy :-)
-- Brice Figureau <brice+ngin...@public.gmane.org>