atom feed3 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT
FromSent OnAttachments
Will YardleySep 27, 2004 5:55 pm
Sam VarshavchikSep 28, 2004 4:24 am
Grzegorz JanoszkaSep 28, 2004 5:28 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Sep 28, 2004 4:24:43 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Will Yardley writes:

We had: IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT=0

(default from the Debian package, I believe). I'd assume this would disable polling entirely, however running strace on the running process apparently shows it stating files over and over - so it looks like it may actually be checking every 0 seconds. This is with Courier imap 0.45. I believe it was compiled w/ FAM support, but FAM is not running (famd crashes on our servers, when run from inetd at least, and tends to jack up the load way too much).

Anyway, what kind of values do people set this to, and should setting it to 0 disable imap entirely?

The default is 60. I don't know why Debian sets it to 0.