atom feed151 messages in org.w3.public-lodRe: Is 303 really necessary?
FromSent OnAttachments
51 earlier messages
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 12:36 pm
David WoodNov 4, 2010 12:56 pm
Hugh GlaserNov 4, 2010 12:59 pm
David WoodNov 4, 2010 1:14 pm
NathanNov 4, 2010 1:22 pm
Bradley AllenNov 4, 2010 1:40 pm
Mischa TuffieldNov 4, 2010 2:09 pm
David BoothNov 4, 2010 3:09 pm
David BoothNov 4, 2010 3:11 pm
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 3:24 pm
mike amundsenNov 4, 2010 3:26 pm
Melvin CarvalhoNov 4, 2010 3:48 pm
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 4:31 pm
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 4:42 pm
David BoothNov 4, 2010 5:41 pm
mike amundsenNov 4, 2010 7:28 pm
Leigh DoddsNov 5, 2010 2:28 am
Michael HausenblasNov 5, 2010 2:29 am
Leigh DoddsNov 5, 2010 2:34 am
Leigh DoddsNov 5, 2010 2:36 am
Leigh DoddsNov 5, 2010 2:41 am
William WaitesNov 5, 2010 2:53 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 2:57 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 3:05 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 3:12 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 3:16 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 3:24 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 3:33 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 3:40 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 3:56 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 3:59 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 4:01 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 4:14 am
Mischa TuffieldNov 5, 2010 4:47 am
Norman GrayNov 5, 2010 5:11 am
Dave ReynoldsNov 5, 2010 5:38 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 5:52 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 5:56 am
Vasiliy FaronovNov 5, 2010 6:00 am
Vasiliy FaronovNov 5, 2010 6:33 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 7:17 am
David WoodNov 5, 2010 7:18 am
Pat HayesNov 5, 2010 7:27 am
Ian DavisNov 5, 2010 8:12 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 5, 2010 8:18 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 8:39 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 5, 2010 9:35 am
Pat HayesNov 5, 2010 10:29 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 5, 2010 10:30 am
NathanNov 5, 2010 10:37 am
50 later messages
Subject:Re: Is 303 really necessary?
From:Nathan (nat@webr3.org)
Date:Nov 5, 2010 3:12:25 am
List:org.w3.public-lod

Leigh Dodds wrote:

Hi,

On 4 November 2010 17:51, Nathan <nat@webr3.org> wrote:

But, for whatever reasons, we've made our choices, each has pro's and cons, and we have to live with them - different things have different name, and the giant global graph is usable. Please, keep it that way.

I think it's useful to continually assess the state of the art to see whether we're on track. My experience, which seems to be confirmed by comments from other people on this thread, is that we're seeing push back from the wider web community -- who have already published way more data that we have -- on the technical approach we've been advocating, so looking for a middle ground seems useful.

fully agree :)

Different things do have different names, but conflating IR/NIR is not part of Ian's proposal which addresses the publishing mechanism only.

This is really simple - forget about your data, the proposal and all of that, if you can GET a URI (all slash URIs) then something somewhere will say <uri> a :Document (not much of a problem), then describe what it's about (bigger problem). With 303 the odds are 50/50 that they'll pick the correct uri to treat as a document, with 200 the odds are 0/100 that they'll pick the correct uri to treat as a document.

What's the point in you saying:

</toucan> a :Toucan; :describedBy </doc> .

If the rest of the world is saying:

</toucan> a :Document; :primaryTopic ex:Toucan .

Follow?