atom feed3 messages in com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-listRE: [xsl] [XPath-2.0] Get the name of...
FromSent OnAttachments
Florent GeorgesNov 1, 2005 1:17 pm
Michael KayNov 1, 2005 2:51 pm
drkmNov 1, 2005 3:25 pm
Subject:RE: [xsl] [XPath-2.0] Get the name of type of a node
From:Michael Kay (mi@saxonica.com)
Date:Nov 1, 2005 2:51:06 pm
List:com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-list

There's no function to do this: it's a deliberate omission, because the designers wanted to encourage you instead to test

$x instance of TYPE

which means your code isn't dependent on implementation details, for example your code shouldn't be affected if a function decides to return an unsignedByte when you were expecting an integer. Also, not all types have names.

However, for diagnostic purposes, Saxon has an extension function saxon:type-annotation(node)

Michael Kay http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message----- From: Florent Georges [mailto:fgeorges.spam@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: 01 November 2005 20:38 To: XSL List Subject: [xsl] [XPath-2.0] Get the name of type of a node

Hi

Do you know if it's possible to get the name of the type of an element, with XPath 2.0? Say I want to display the type of the 'elem' elements. What can I use in the '@select' of the following 'xsl:value-of'?

<xsl:template match="elem"> <xsl:text>name: 'elem', type: '</xsl:text> <xsl:value-of select="type-name(type-of(.))"/> <xsl:text>'&#10;</xsl:text> </xsl:template>

Thanks,

--drkm