atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Authtest error me...
FromSent OnAttachments
Carlos LopezJun 27, 2009 8:50 pm
Sam VarshavchikJun 28, 2009 7:32 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Authtest error message
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Jun 28, 2009 7:32:10 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Carlos Lopez writes:

Hi all,

I've been using courier since many years ago on a company I used to worked for,
now I switch to another one and againg I am deploying open source based software
in order to keep my IT budget low. Now I use courier-mta-0.62.0-1.

The problem I have is that I am getting strange errors when issuing the authtest
command like:

authtest test_user old_pass new_pass

Authentication FAILED: Invalid Operation

The userid or the old password is invalid. There's nothing strange about this.

My question is, What to do in order to perform the authtest command and be able
to change password users' with/without the "@company.com" ?

There are a number of options that can be set in authmysqlrc. For example, DEFAULT_DOMAIN. The exact configuration depends on your actual existing settings. Furthermore, use caution as this might affect not just client authentication, but mail delivery too, since both use the same mechanism for retrieving mail account parameters.