atom feed2 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: 12.04 & Canon printer (Geoffrey)
FromSent OnAttachments
Peter KukumsJun 3, 2012 6:28 am
Peter KukumsJun 3, 2012 10:30 pm
Subject:Re: 12.04 & Canon printer (Geoffrey)
From:Peter Kukums (pkuk@ieee.org)
Date:Jun 3, 2012 10:30:51 pm
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

Hi all,

I take everything back. I haven't printed to my Canon for quite a while and when I just tried it in Ubuntu 12.04 the computer acts like it is printing - i.e. no error messages but nothing is actually printed - same problem as Geoff. Scanning function still works though.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Geoffrey,

I have a Canon MX350 printer which I managed to get working by downloading drivers for Linux from the Canon web site. I checked the web site and there are drivers for your printer, but I notice that they only have rpms.

There is a program called alien that converts rpms to deb files. Check out the tutorial at: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/11/alien-command-examples/