atom feed7 messages in com.redhat.redhat-install-listRE: Default Kernel .config file
FromSent OnAttachments
Harrington, ToddJun 15, 2006 1:08 pm
Rick StevensJun 15, 2006 1:50 pm
Harrington, ToddJun 16, 2006 6:09 am
Harrington, ToddJun 16, 2006 6:30 am
carlos PerezJun 16, 2006 6:42 am
Rick StevensJun 16, 2006 4:00 pm
carlos PerezJun 17, 2006 8:24 am
Subject:RE: Default Kernel .config file
From:Harrington, Todd (Todd@suntroncorp.com)
Date:Jun 16, 2006 6:30:40 am
List:com.redhat.redhat-install-list

-----Original Message----- From: Harrington, Todd Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 9:10 AM To: 'Getting started with Red Hat Linux' Subject: RE: Default Kernel .config file

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer. It was very helpful and answered several smaller questions I had. I have built my new kernel, modules, modules_install, install. I then copied the /boot and the /lib directory back over to my boot server. I did not re-run mkinitrd because when I run the RHEL4 Network Booting Service (system-config-netboot) it asks me to point to a kernel and I point to /diskless/i386/RHEL4-ES/root/ (where it finds the new kernel that I just installed) and it then builds an initrd.img for me and sticks the initrd.img and new kernel into /tftpboot/linux-install/IMAGENAME There sizes look very good.

So my problem NOW is that when my diskless client boots the kernel loads and then I get this from initrd:

RAMDISK: Compress image found at block 0 - - Running /disklessrc Mounting /proc disklessrc: Line 71: /sbin/uniq: Permission denied disklessrc: Line 66: /sbin/sed: Permission denied disklessrc: Line 68: /sbin/uname: Permission denied disklessrc: Line 68: /sbin/grep: Permission denied (several more lines of this) Loaded nfs OK Mounting / disklessrc: line 163: /bin/cat: Permission denied Running dhclient bash-3.00#

At this shell all commands are permission denied.

This is so important that I get by this today. Do you know what my problem is?

-----Original Message----- From: redh@redhat.com [mailto:redh@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Rick Stevens Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:51 PM To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux Subject: Re: Default Kernel .config file