|Alex Huang||Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm|
|Chip Childers||Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm|
|Ram Ganesh||Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm|
|Alex Huang||Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm|
|Alex Huang||Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm|
|Chip Childers||Sep 25, 2012 12:13 pm|
|Vijay Venkatachalam||Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am|
|Alex Huang||Sep 26, 2012 11:21 am|
|Radhika Puthiyetath||Sep 26, 2012 9:51 pm|
|Hugo Trippaers||Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm|
|Radhika Puthiyetath||Sep 29, 2012 8:44 pm|
|Noah Slater||Sep 30, 2012 4:22 am|
|Noah Slater||Sep 30, 2012 10:08 am|
|Noah Slater||Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am|
|Chip Childers||Oct 1, 2012 8:22 am|
|Chip Childers||Oct 1, 2012 8:29 am|
|Noah Slater||Oct 2, 2012 1:50 pm|
|ronald higgins||Nov 1, 2012 1:40 am|
|Subject:||RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0|
|From:||Alex Huang (Alex...@citrix.com)|
|Date:||Sep 25, 2012 12:08:33 pm|
I see a lot of recent checkins on autoscaling so if code is completely checked
into master, it should go into 4.1 automatically.
-----Original Message----- From: Ram Ganesh [mailto:Ram....@citrix.com] Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:48 PM To: clou...@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack- de...@incubator.apache.org Subject: RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
For AutoScaling is there a process we should follow to bring the feature into 4.1 release apart from the usual reviews/unit-tests?
-----Original Message----- From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex...@citrix.com] Sent: 25 September 2012 07:57 To: clou...@incubator.apache.org Cc: clou...@incubator.apache.org Subject: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
I've been reminded that I've neglected to update the community on the current status for CloudStack 4.0. I apologize for that oversight. From now til the actual release, I will give a daily update on the status. If you feel anything is missing, please let me know and I'll try to include them on the next update.
Summary As of 9/24/2012, CloudStack 4.0 release has past code freeze stage (over three weeks ago). A source code branch has been forked and is called 4.0. Nightly build is running on Jenkins on the 4.0 build.
Feature List There are two features that missed the 4.0 release. Auto-Scaling and Brocade Plugin. Both are due to having significant code changes due past the code freeze date.
Code Readiness - There are ~5 code related reviews on the review board scheduled for 4.0. Most of them are waiting for review and commit. - There are <10 bugs on Jira for the first cut of the release. - Upgrade from previous versions is currently being worked on. Scheduled to be done by the end of the week.
License Readiness - Majority of the VM configuration issues have been resolved. There is one remaining wrt rsyslog.conf. Thanks to Chiradeep and Chip. - Technology export issues are still be worked on by David Nalley and AFS legal. This may be a blocking issue. - Licenses need auditing.
Doc Readiness The current plan for docs is to write an INSTALL.TXT to give instructions on how to install from source. All docs will be generated to a living document that continues to improve past the release. The link to this living document is to be determined.
TODO: Docs need help on the new features in the 4.0 release. Specifically we need help with Niciria Integration and Caringo documentation.
QA Status QA is proceeding through the test cycle. It is currently at 45% of completion. The number of bugs generated from the tests have been minimum so the quality of the release currently looks pretty good.
Release Plan - The current plan is for QA to complete its test cycle between 9/26- 9/28. - When QA decides the test cycle is read, we will cut a RC1 release. - We are currently pushing to clear bugs generated from the test cycle asap. - After all P1 and P2 bugs are cleared, 4.0 release will be submitted for approval to announce.