atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Questions about t...
FromSent OnAttachments
Vlad DinulescuJul 19, 2005 2:10 am
Sam VarshavchikJul 19, 2005 3:55 am
Vlad DinulescuJul 19, 2005 5:29 am
Alessandro VeselyJul 19, 2005 8:14 am
Vlad DinulescuJul 20, 2005 1:42 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Questions about the courier filters
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Jul 19, 2005 3:55:25 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Vlad Dinulescu writes:

Hello,

I've got a few questions about the courier global filters (the ones described in courierfilter(8))

1. what is the order that the global filters are run in?

Why does it matter?

2. are they run at the same time, or one at a time?

One at a time.

3. are all the filters run ? The documentation states that if at least one filter rejects the message, the message should be rejected. That makes me wonder if Courier runs all the filters

Well, if one filter rejects the message there's no reason to run the rest of them.

I noticed that a filter receives the filename of the message, and a control file that contains sender informations, remote IPs, etc. 4. What is the format of the envelope file, and how stable is this format?

There's some documentation on www.courier-mta.org

5. Is the filter allowed to alter the message file?

No.