atom feed1 message in org.apache.hadoop.general[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta r...
FromSent OnAttachments
Arun C MurthyAug 25, 2013 2:03 pm
Subject:[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta released!
From:Arun C Murthy (ac@hortonworks.com)
Date:Aug 25, 2013 2:03:44 pm
List:org.apache.hadoop.general

All,

I'm very happy announce that the Apache Hadoop community has released
hadoop-2.1.0-beta, the beta release of Apache Hadoop 2.x.

Users are encouraged to immediately move to hadoop-2.1.0-beta since this
release is significantly more stable and has completley whetted set of APIs and
wire-protocols for future compatibility.

In addition, this release has a number of other significant highlights: • API & protocol stabilization for both HDFS & YARN • Binary Compatibility for MapReduce applications built on hadoop-1.x • Support for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows • HDFS Snapshots • Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the
ecosystem

Please see the Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta Release Notes for details.

With the Apache Hadoop 2.x beta release out of the door, we should follow up
quickly with a bug-fix release (hadoop-2.1.1-beta) and then with a hadoop-2.2.0
GA release in the next few weeks. Please see this discussion on the developer mailing lists for more details:
http://s.apache.org/yag

thanks, Arun