On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Michael McCandless <
A new vote, that slightly changes proposal from last vote (adding only
that Lucene can cut a release even if Solr doesn't):
* Merging the dev lists into a single list.
* Merging committers.
* When any change is committed (to a module that "belongs to" Solr or
to Lucene), all tests must pass.
* Release details will be decided by dev community, but, Lucene may
release without Solr.
* Modulariize the sources: pull things out of Lucene's core (break
out query parser, move all core queries & analyzers under their
contrib counterparts), pull things out of Solr's core (analyzers,
These things would not change:
* Besides modularizing (above), the source code would remain factored
into separate dirs/modules the way it is now.
* Issue tracking remains separate (SOLR-XXX and LUCENE-XXX