atom feed10 messages in org.webkit.lists.webkit-unassigned[Webkit-unassigned] [Bug 7422] New: U...
FromSent OnAttachments
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 22, 2006 12:30 pm 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 22, 2006 12:31 pm 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 22, 2006 12:33 pm 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 23, 2006 2:00 am 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 23, 2006 2:12 am 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgFeb 23, 2006 6:59 am 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgMar 10, 2006 11:50 am 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgMar 10, 2006 11:50 am 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgMar 10, 2006 2:53 pm 
bugz...@opendarwin.orgMar 10, 2006 2:53 pm 
Subject:[Webkit-unassigned] [Bug 7422] New: Unable to set frame names
From:bugz...@opendarwin.org (bugz@opendarwin.org)
Date:Feb 22, 2006 12:30:35 pm
List:org.webkit.lists.webkit-unassigned

http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7422

Summary: Unable to set frame names Product: WebKit Version: 420+ (nightly) Platform: Macintosh OS/Version: Mac OS X 10.4 Status: UNCONFIRMED Severity: major Priority: P2 Component: Frames AssignedTo: webk@opendarwin.org ReportedBy: open@site.masshole.us

It appears that one cannot set the name of a frame using Javascript in Safari (both 417.8 and the latest nightly build, r12930); trying to do so results in the frame getting a name that appears to be some sort of underlying code comment ("<!--framePath //<!--frame2-->-->").

I'll attach a test case showing the bug, and I've already set up the same test case at the following URL:

http://jzone.queso.org/safariframes/

(I ran into this bug for the first time yesterday, when the latest release candidate of phpMyAdmin was released and broke; it relies on being able to set the main content frame's name in order to target links appropriately, and now they are all opening in new windows as a result! Because of the popularity of phpMyAdmin, I've set the severity of the bug to major -- apologies in advance if this was presumptive of me.)