atom feed9 messages in com.googlegroups.android-developersRe: [android-developers] Re: Replace ...
FromSent OnAttachments
mahadevan vNov 16, 2007 4:34 pm
dasGrungeNov 17, 2007 7:50 pm
Dmit...@gmail.comDec 4, 2007 6:38 am
Dan MorrillDec 4, 2007 9:11 am
Dmit...@gmail.comDec 4, 2007 9:51 am
Dmit...@gmail.comDec 4, 2007 10:20 am
adamacDec 4, 2007 11:38 am
Maxim YudinDec 5, 2007 12:11 am
mahadevan vDec 5, 2007 6:01 pm
Subject:Re: [android-developers] Re: Replace Home Screen with a different app
From:Dan Morrill (morr@google.com)
Date:Dec 4, 2007 9:11:10 am
List:com.googlegroups.android-developers

Hi, everyone!

Actually, you shouldn't need to hack the system images at all; you should be able to do this simply by writing an app and using the correct intents. Specifically, you'll want these three, I believe:

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent.html#MAIN_ACTION

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent .html#HOME_CATEGORY http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent.html#DEFAULT_CATEGORY

Here's a sample intent-filter:

If you set up your Activity to have those 3 Intents in its intent-filter, it should be fired when the Home screen would normally appear. However, since we currently don't have a way to let users specify the preferred Activity to use for a given Intent filter, the user will get a prompt to pick the correct Activity. We plan to improve that in a future SDK release.

We haven't tested this recently, though, so let us know if you run into problems.

Hope that helps,

- Dan