atom feed3 messages in net.java.dev.hudson.usersRe: ant: Command not found
FromSent OnAttachments
A. Kurt LloydJun 30, 2008 1:57 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 1, 2008 5:30 pm
A. Kurt LloydJul 2, 2008 10:12 am
Subject:Re: ant: Command not found
From:A. Kurt Lloyd (akli@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 2, 2008 10:12:27 am
List:net.java.dev.hudson.users

On 7/1/08, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohs@sun.com> wrote:

A. Kurt Lloyd wrote:

I am setting up a new machine for Hudson and, added a new ant installation under the "Manage Hudson" section. It appears that Hudson does not use this setting as when the build begins I get the following error:

ant: Command not found

Has anyone else run into this problem? Do I need to write a script to configure various versions of Ant to my Path in order to get this to work? (I thought that this would be done by setting an ant installation.)

It's bit confusing, but you must be installing more than one Ant, none of the Ants are in PATH, and your job must be specifying "(default)".

This error only happens when all these three conditions are met.

Yes...and no.

There is only one version of ant but it is not on the path. I was thinking that by defining the Ant path in Hudson only (under Configure System), a free style job would inherit that property. Sorry about that.

Kurt