atom feed11 messages in org.codehaus.esper.devRe: [esper-dev] Accessing an array in...
FromSent OnAttachments
Gavin1234Oct 3, 2008 1:36 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 3, 2008 3:56 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 3, 2008 6:39 am
Gavin1234Oct 3, 2008 7:06 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 3, 2008 4:52 pm
Gavin1234Oct 6, 2008 8:45 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 7, 2008 3:52 am
Gavin1234Oct 7, 2008 4:50 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 7, 2008 5:00 am
Gavin1234Oct 7, 2008 6:46 am
Thomas BernhardtOct 7, 2008 7:31 am
Subject:Re: [esper-dev] Accessing an array in EPL
From:Thomas Bernhardt (bern@yahoo.com)
Date:Oct 7, 2008 3:52:22 am
List:org.codehaus.esper.dev

The infrastructure we have would seem to support this requirement by allowing
the alias of a nested type to appear as a value in the type definition, perhaps
appending "[]" to the alias would then indicate that a property is itself an
array of a nestable Map. Do you have specific use cases in mind for complex Map types as compared to
Pojos? Best regards, Tom

----- Original Message ---- From: Gavin1234 <g.ch@btinternet.com> To: de@esper.codehaus.org Sent: Monday, October 6, 2008 11:45:12 AM Subject: Re: [esper-dev] Accessing an array in EPL

Thanks Tom, just out of interest, how do I define an array in a nested map, when the field is another nested map? For instance, I'd like to translate my pojos to nested maps, so in the first example I have

HashMap<String, Object> prop = new HashMap<String, Object>(); prop.put("route", String[].class); prop.put("id", Integer.class);

Now, if route is actually an array of POJOs, I'd put in something like: prop.put("route", RoutePOJO[].class);

But if I want to keep pojos out of this and define RoutePOJO as a Map... how do I declare an array...?

HashMap<String, Object> routeMap = new HashMap<String, Object>(); routeMap.put("id", Integer.class); // this simply defines our pojo

HashMap<String, Object> prop = new HashMap<String, Object>(); prop.put("route", routeMap[].class); // I'd like this to be an array of Route pojos defined using maps prop.put("id", Integer.class);

We have a particular interest in using nested maps to represent pojos, so any help on this aspect would be appreciated. Best, Gavin