atom feed5 messages in com.rabbitmq.lists.rabbitmq-discussRe: [rabbitmq-discuss] C Client Library?
FromSent OnAttachments
Michael ArtzFeb 5, 2009 2:36 pm
Ben HoodFeb 5, 2009 3:02 pm
Martin SustrikFeb 5, 2009 3:15 pm
Bill SoudanFeb 6, 2009 8:40 pm.patch
Michael ArtzFeb 7, 2009 8:57 pm
Subject:Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] C Client Library?
From:Ben Hood (0x6e@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 5, 2009 3:02:49 pm
List:com.rabbitmq.lists.rabbitmq-discuss

Michael,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Michael Artz <mla@gmail.com> wrote:

I know that this has been asked before (I couldn't find the answer), but are there any native C client libraries that work (or could be made to work) with RabbitMQ (i.e. AMPQ 0-8)? I've seen hints that people have been able to (potentially) make the OpenAMPQ WireAPI work ... does anyone know if this is true? Alternatively, for very simple use cases (3 topic exchanges and 10 queues), how much effort would be required to modify either RabbitMQ or WireAPI to interoperate?

A long time ago I patched an old version of OpenAMQ's C client and RabbitMQ to get them to work together.

However, if you can be patient, we are in the middle of implementing AMQP 0.9.1, which the OpenAMQ guys have already implemented. The primary goal of 0.9.1 is interoperability between brokers.

HTH,

Ben