atom feed14 messages in org.apache.ant.userRe: out of memory with javac
FromSent OnAttachments
chan...@polaris.co.inMay 5, 2004 6:38 am.txt
Pawanraj SadhwaniMay 5, 2004 6:45 am
chan...@polaris.co.inMay 5, 2004 6:49 am.txt
Ivan IvanovMay 5, 2004 6:50 am
Pawanraj SadhwaniMay 5, 2004 6:55 am
chan...@polaris.co.inMay 5, 2004 8:23 pm.txt
Ivan IvanovMay 6, 2004 12:20 am
Darin SwansonMay 24, 2004 5:43 pm
Neta Bar TalMay 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Darin SwansonMay 25, 2004 12:09 pm
Peter BulfordMay 25, 2004 12:37 pm
Darin SwansonMay 25, 2004 1:08 pm
Mani G. IyerMay 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Darin SwansonMay 25, 2004 4:20 pm
Subject:Re: out of memory with javac
From:Ivan Ivanov (ramb@yahoo.com)
Date:May 6, 2004 12:20:02 am
List:org.apache.ant.user

Hi again,

Considering the fact that the shell command javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java is working properly, you could try to mimic in build.xml ant, i.e. add this line to <javac> in your build.xml <compilerarg line="-J-mx1000000000"/> and remove memoryMaximumSize attribute from <javac>.

Hope this helps Ivan

--- chan@polaris.co.in wrote:

Ivan,

All my source files lie flat in one directory, i.e., we do not simulate the package hierachy in the source file directory. There are 844 files. I have tried using the WebSphere javac, as well as those provided by Sun(versions 1.2 and 1.3), but to no avail.

Regards, CR

Ivan Ivanov

<rambiusparkisanius To: Ant Users List <us@ant.apache.org>

@yahoo.com> cc: (bcc: chandrasekar.ravoori/Polaris)

05/05/2004 07:20 PM

Please respond to

"Ant Users List"

Hello CR, can you say how many java files you work with? Are they really so many? As for yor shell command javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java, I think that *.java will take only the java files in the current dir and not all files in the package hieararchy and thus the shell command will compile only a part of the sources. Of course this is not an answer to your problem. I also saw that you are using executable="${was4.home}/java/bin/javac" Can you try without it?

Ivan

--- chan@polaris.co.in wrote:

Hi,

The following is a code snippet from my build file <javac fork="true" memoryMaximumSize="1000m"

This task fails with an out-of-memory exception. However, the equivalent command on the shell prompt works without a hitch - javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java. I have even tried the following alternatives 1. Running javac within the Ant JVM ( fork = "false" ) and setting the maximum heap size via ANT_OPTS. 2. Running javac using the exec task and specifying the heap size as the argument(-J-mx2000000000).

Nothing works; I am frankly at my wits' end. Is forking the problem here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, CR

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and

confidential

information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in