atom feed11 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Re: MYSQL_SELECT_...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lindsay HaisleyAug 30, 2004 9:15 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 30, 2004 4:59 pm
Lindsay HaisleyAug 31, 2004 12:40 pm
Ben KennedyAug 31, 2004 1:06 pm
Lindsay HaisleyAug 31, 2004 1:15 pm
Keith WillisAug 31, 2004 2:07 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 31, 2004 3:38 pm
Lindsay HaisleyAug 31, 2004 6:27 pm
Sam VarshavchikSep 1, 2004 4:10 am
Lindsay HaisleySep 1, 2004 9:25 am
Sam VarshavchikSep 1, 2004 3:49 pm
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Re: MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE again
From:Lindsay Haisley (fmou@fmp.com)
Date:Aug 31, 2004 1:15:58 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Thus spake Ben Kennedy on Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:55:45PM CDT

On 31 8 2004 at 1:21 pm -0400, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

These are OK. If I comment out MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE and let authmysql build its own query, then everything is hunky-dory, the query works, and shows up in the mysql log, so it's not connectivity.

There is something broken with authmysql as far as I can tell, though I'm not sure what it is. Q.v. my postings of about a month ago, relating to similar problems, on which I never received feedback:

My problem is similar, but authmysql fails even when the user is an existing user, and I get the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" response. Watching the mysql logs indicates than no query is made.

This is not so much a problem with my customer's new courier installation, since the authentication there is fairly simple and probably for only one domain name, but this problem effectively prevents me from upgrading courier on my on server since I use a fairly complex MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE for authentication and I'd have several dozen people coming after me with ropes if I broke their company email feeds!