atom feed27 messages in net.php.lists.internalsRe: [PHP-DEV] SUMMARY: Array syntax
FromSent OnAttachments
Johannes SchlüterJan 11, 2008 7:46 am
Steph FoxJan 11, 2008 8:50 am
PierreJan 11, 2008 9:37 am
PierreJan 11, 2008 9:37 am
Stanislav MalyshevJan 11, 2008 9:49 am
Johannes SchlüterJan 11, 2008 10:23 am
PierreJan 11, 2008 10:27 am
Rasmus LerdorfJan 11, 2008 10:33 am
Sam BarrowJan 11, 2008 10:47 am
Olivier HillJan 11, 2008 11:06 am
Stanislav MalyshevJan 11, 2008 11:07 am
Sam BarrowJan 11, 2008 11:08 am
Sam BarrowJan 11, 2008 11:12 am
Steph FoxJan 11, 2008 11:17 am
Antony DovgalJan 11, 2008 1:51 pm
PierreJan 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Sam BarrowJan 11, 2008 2:12 pm
Antony DovgalJan 11, 2008 2:35 pm
Jeff GriffithsJan 11, 2008 3:19 pm
Antony DovgalJan 11, 2008 3:36 pm
Gregory BeaverJan 11, 2008 4:08 pm
Jeff GriffithsJan 11, 2008 4:53 pm
PierreJan 11, 2008 5:01 pm
Marcus BoergerJan 12, 2008 3:40 am
Tomi KaistilaJan 12, 2008 6:16 am
Kouber SaparevJan 14, 2008 7:26 am
Richard LynchJan 15, 2008 2:11 pm
Subject:Re: [PHP-DEV] SUMMARY: Array syntax
From:Sam Barrow (sa@sambarrow.com)
Date:Jan 11, 2008 2:12:45 pm
List:net.php.lists.internals

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 00:52 +0300, Antony Dovgal wrote:

On 11.01.2008 22:13, Sam Barrow wrote:

input from many people is great, moreover - it is necessary. However, it is not the same as deciding by arithmetical majority of votes of whoever cares to vote on technical questions.

Which is a valid point in most cases, but this is not technical, it's purely syntactic.

Surely it's technical, doesn't matter what exactly it's supposed to affect - its syntax or its functionality.

If we were voting on implementing a highly advanced technical feature then yes, people who know what they're talking about should be given more weight, but in this case I don't think so.

You're not going to fix bug reports related to the parser, or are you?

I don't know exactly what you mean, and what does that have to do with anything?

All I said was a simple fact. This is syntactic, not functional. Some people like looking at square brackets while some don't. Nobody on this thread is more qualified than anybody else on this subject, it's only a matter of opinion. That's it.