atom feed2 messages in net.php.lists.php-generalPassing Variables with register_globa...
FromSent OnAttachments
SmileyqApr 24, 2002 3:09 am
1LT John W. HolmesApr 24, 2002 3:17 am
Subject:Passing Variables with register_globals Off?
From:Smileyq (smil@nashlinux.com)
Date:Apr 24, 2002 3:09:45 am
List:net.php.lists.php-general

I've noticed with the release of PHP 4.2.0 that the register_globals has been turned off by default. While this is a wonderful thing for security it makes passing data between pages difficult link to link. While I am familiar with using sessions I was wondering if there were any tricks to passing data between pages using links like you would in this example.

http://blalba.com/test.php?db=camperboy

With the release of PHP 4.2.0 and register globals being off this no longer works. My menus are driven by posted variables and I would like to figure out a way to both pass the data but be secure about it too. Any help would be great thanks!.