atom feed10 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstackRe: [Openstack] Performance metrics
FromSent OnAttachments
Neelakantam GaddamJun 20, 2012 5:56 am
Dan WendlandtJun 20, 2012 6:25 am
Sandy WalshJun 20, 2012 6:54 am
Rick JonesJun 20, 2012 9:36 am
Huang ZhitengJun 20, 2012 8:09 pm
Rick JonesJun 21, 2012 9:16 am
Narayan DesaiJun 21, 2012 12:41 pm
Rick JonesJun 21, 2012 2:21 pm
Narayan DesaiJun 21, 2012 7:06 pm
Rick JonesJun 29, 2012 2:35 pm
Subject:Re: [Openstack] Performance metrics
From:Dan Wendlandt (da@nicira.com)
Date:Jun 20, 2012 6:25:15 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Neelakantam Gaddam <neel@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi All,

I want to do performance analysis on top of [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup. I am interested in the following metrics.

VM life cycle (creation, deletion, boot..,etc) VM Migration Quantum (network, port creation/deletion..,etc)

Are there any performance metric tools/scripts available in openstack ? If not, how can I do the performance analysis of the above metrics on openstack quantum setup ? Please help me regarding performance metrics.

I want to know details of the biggest deployment with [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup interms of number of tenant networks, number of compute nodes, number of VMs per tenant.

Most of the folks I know using Quantum are commercial companies, and I suspect they may consider information about their current cloud scale to be proprietary.

However, perhaps someone else on the list would be able to volunteer some info on this.

Dan

Thanks in advance.