atom feed4 messages in org.apache.incubator.flume-dev[DISCUSS] Experimenting with gerrit
FromSent OnAttachments
Hari ShreedharanAug 26, 2012 10:47 am
Jarek Jarcec CechoAug 26, 2012 10:28 pm
Brock NolandAug 27, 2012 8:10 am
Mike PercyAug 27, 2012 10:25 am
Subject:[DISCUSS] Experimenting with gerrit
From:Hari Shreedharan (hshr@cloudera.com)
Date:Aug 26, 2012 10:47:47 am
List:org.apache.incubator.flume-dev

Hi,

Since it has been some time since we moved to git, I think now is a good time to
experiment with review tools that integrate well with git. I'd like to propose
that we experiment with gerrit. Gerrit has the ability to commit the changes
directly to the repo once changes are +1-ed. This way we will be able to enforce
the RTC policy in a much easier way, and also we can avoid accidental commits
from the local repo getting pushed. I am not sure how the hosting would work,
but gerrit as it is is ASL2.0 licensed (http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/). I
have never used it before, but have heard reasonably good reviews of the tool,
especially its direct commit functionality.Please post your thoughts on this
thread.

Thanks, Hari